At The Salvation Army Summer Camp your kids spend their days learning, playing, swimming, creating, exploring, making new friends and laughing. And parents spend their days knowing their kids are safe and cared for by our trained staff in our state-licensed camp.
Plus, they''ll have a new experience each week! Choose from many theme camps based on topics like sports, art, games, STEM, culture and history. We make combating summer learning loss FUN!
Campers get to swim in the Kroc pool, play in our gym, and run off their energy by playing games in the huge Kroc backyard. Sign up for our specialty camps for field trips and special learning opportunities!
EXPLORE OTHER CAMP OPPORTUNITIES
Early Bird Registration begins March 2
for members and March 9 for public!
Parents: Here's What You Need to Know
When: Camp begins the week of June 15 and ends the week of August 17.
Who: Camp is for children age 5-12 years old. The 5-6 year olds are in a separate camp from the 7-12 year olds, with themes tailored to their age.
Cost: Members: $142 per child, per week | Public $189 per child, per week (Specialty Camp rates will vary - see the Registration Packet for all rates. Scholarships and financial assistance is available to those who qualify!)
Early Drop-Off and Late Pick Up: Early care drop off is available at 7:00 am for an additional charge of $8 per day, per camper. Late care pick up is also available until 6:00 pm for an additional$8 per day, per camper.
Summer Day Camp Schedule:
7:00-7:45: Extended Care
7:45-8:45: Check-In | Free Play
9:30-12:00: Theme Camps (Swimming on Fridays)
3:30-4:45: Camp Activity Rotations
4:45-5:30: Free Play & Check-Out
5:30-6:00: Extended Care
What to bring:
Leave At Home
Explore 2020 Camp Themes for ages 7-12!
Browse the themes in alphabetical order below. An * indicates a specialty camp theme.
Bring some dimension to your art in this camp and create a masterpiece that "stands out"
Baking & Desserts
"Life is uncertain - eat dessert first!" - Ernastine Ulmer
Learn how to make desserts that are delicious AND healthy!
BasketBALL, volleyBALL and so much more. Learn teamwork and technique for sports where you use a ball of all sorts.
Ever want to sketch your own city, house or clothing? Discover skills to bring your imagination to life!
Creepy, Crawly Creatures
Explore the world of insects and their role in the environment by participating in games, crafts and more.
Ever want to learn those dances you see on TV? In this club we will learn a variety of popular dance moves and try them out in front of an audience.
Feel the groove and explore the world of dance. You'll learn a variety of styles of dance to show off at the end of the week.
Create music and bring it to life using different digital formats.
Drawing and Painting
Uncover your creativity and explore the world of art through drawing and painting. Improve your skills and display your masterpieces at an end-of-camp art showcase.
Have fun getting fit! Our awesome fitness staff will lead us in a full week of heart-pumping activities including water relays, obstacle courses, running, yoga, and other fun-filled activities. Athletic shoes and running apparel are required.
Float, Paddle, Roll*
The camp is sure to make a splash in your summer when you build a cardboard boat, learn to kayak, and test your balance in log rolling.
Focus on Faith 2020
Join Kroc Church to discover God in creative ways including games, crafts, skits and Bible lessons.
Dive into the life of a lifeguard. Learn the basic skills from Kroc lifeguards and compete in challenges and games (ages 9-12)
From soccer to football, you'll get a kick out of this camp!
Kroc Adventures: Paddling*
Grab a paddle and row with us! Learn safety and the basics of navigating a canoe and kayak for this adventure week.
Kroc Adventures: Rockin' Ropes*
High ropes, low ropes, slack lining, rock climbing. Learn how to rock the ropes in this adventurous camp.
Kroc Adventures: Wild Wisconsin Animals*
What can you learn from animal pelts, tracks scat and habits? Learn about native Wisconsin wildlife in this hands-on camp.
Kroc Adventures: Wilderness Survival*
Learn how to survive in the wilderness and the skills you'll need to make a fire, create a shelter, and navigate in the wilderness.
Kroc Aquatic Olympics*
Compete in a friendly competition of Olympic games centered around water-themed sports.
Go for the gold in fun-filled Olympic style challenges and events that will test both physical and mental strength. Bring your tennies!
Create robots made from Legos AND how to code them to complete tasks.
Participate in activities and experiments that only a true mad scientist can create. Invent, experiment and learn.
Learn how to take many small pieces and put them together to create beautiful and fun works of art.
This camp is all about making noise and turning it into music. We will learn about various instruments and how they make music and rhythm. All music levels are accepted and encouraged to join and learn together.
Practice and refine your drama skills by playing fun games and ultimately performing these skills to an audience ad the end of the week. Activities include line reading, scripts, choosing parts, learning about sets, staging, production, lighting, costumes and so much more.
Let your inner ninja out by jumping, climbing, swinging, balancing, and rolling through our obstacle course and conditioning games.
Paper can be so much more than a flat sheet. Learn techniques like origami to transform everyday paper into unexpected works of art.
Life (and sports) are better with others. In this camp, discover many different sports that require teamwork and working with a partner.
Photography & Videography
Use iPads to take photos and video. Learn techniques like lighting, depth of field, and then practice with your own creations.
Grab some pom poms and learn a fun dance routine to show off at the end of the week.
Turn used and discarded products into beautiful art while learning about the importance of recycling.
Travel outside this world and participate in crafts, games and experiments centered in space.
Sports Around the World
Ever wonder what sports are popular in other countries? Discover new sports you'll enjoy.
Work together on covert missions throughout the Kroc Center using your very own spy gear to save the day.
Captivate and audience and learn how to craft fantastical stories, explore the creative process and bring your ideas to life.
Develop leadership and teamwork skills through challenges like obstacle courses and scavenger hunts that encourage critical thinking.
Channel your inner Aaron Rodgers, Jenny Finch and Christian Yelich for a week full of touchdowns and home runs.
Hop in your DeLorean and see history come to life before your eyes with food, music, art and costumes.
Take a dive under water in this camp and participate in fun underwater games and adventures.
Video Game Palooza
A week of digital missions and adventures. come race down rainbow road and explore the mysteries of imaginary realms.
Travel the world one country at a time through exciting art projects, games, activities and food.
Explore 2020 Camp Themes for ages 5&6!
Browse the themes in alphabetical order below. An * indicates a specialty camp theme.
What Parents Are Saying
(From 2019 Post Camp Survey)
All parents responding to the survey felt that their child was safe, cared for and valued, and that camp positively impacted their child. All parents also noted that they would register their children for camp again, and recommend summer camp at the Kroc to their friends.
Parents: What would you say if you had 15 seconds to tell another family about summer camp at the Kroc?
• The kids have a blast and can choose their own summer adventure. There are field trips every week.
• Our son had a blast, it was a tremendous value and we’d definitely recommended it for your child.
• Kroc Camp is AMAZING! The kids are always busy with tons of fun activities.
• Kids had lots of activities, always wore out, and loved swimming.
• Go for it! Super affordable, great staff. Kids have fun and are safe.
• Very organized and professional. Hard to find compassionate help these days and your staff truly cares about these kids.
• It’s been a wonderful experience with a great variety of activities and an amazing staff.
• The activities are great and the staff does an amazing job.
• It’s an amazing experience with a wide variety of activities while still maintaining a nice routine. It’s a very positive place to go.
• My daughter enjoys attending and asks to stay longer. She is kept busy with a variety of activities and made lots of great friends. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
• [Our son] had the best summer of his life! [He] went every day excited and came home excited about going back the next day. The counselors are 2nd to none!
• Wonderful experience.
• It’s a well-run program. Your kids will be safe and have a lot of fun!
• It provided a variety of activities.
Parents: what do you like most about summer camp at the Kroc?
• Daily activities and being outside.
• Look out for positive values in the campers.
• Gaga Ball.
• Very busy and organized. Tired him out.
• He maintained a schedule over summer and was introduced to so many amazing things. He came home tired and completely enriched. He never had a chance to get bored all summer.
• The fun my child had.
• The activities, field trips and opportunities to swim.
• What I like most is that my kids have such a good time!
• I love that there are so many activities. Swimming, field trips, running outside, etc.
• Swimming and Field Trips.
• The Faith Base.
• I’ve seen a lot of great improvements over the years we’ve been attending. Check in/out system is much quicker and secure. Key cards were very nice this year.
• Faith, manners, respect for one another, value for our flag and country. Cultures and values are everything in young lives!
• Variety of activities.
• Staff’s willingness to really get to know our child and be active with him.
• The friendships my daughter builds.
• Hours and variety of camp activities.
• Hearing my kids tell me about all the different things that they did in their camp.
• Field trips, themes, and variety of things to do.
• Kids had variety to choose from.
THE SALVATION ARMY
RAY & JOAN KROC CORPS COMMUNITY CENTER
SEND US A NOTE